You may be utilising the feature that allows you to hide individual service pricing on your proposals and wondering if the same can be applied to your Xero invoices.
The answer is yes, it can.
In order for Practice Ignition to deploy an invoice to Xero that only displays the total of all services, rather than individual pricing per line item, you’ll need to update your Invoice Branding Theme in Xero.
To do this, log into your Xero account and then head to Settings → Invoice Settings.
You should see all your current invoice branding themes that was likely set up when you first set up Xero.
For this exercise, we recommend a sample theme which is designed to remove individual line items from the invoice. To use this theme, follow the steps below:
1. Click here to download the template
2. Head to your Invoice Settings in Xero (or use this link to go straight there)
3. Click on the down arrow next to New Branding Theme
4. Click on the “Custom .docx” option
3. Give the Theme a name like “No line item pricing”
4. Scroll to the bottom of the window and you should find your newly created theme. Click on the Upload button
5. Click on the browse button under the INVOICE heading (Important: You must use the INVOICE option here)
6. Locate the file you downloaded in step 1 and then upload it.
7. Click on Option → Edit where you can customise the template with your own logo and text etc.
Linking your new Branding Theme to Practice Ignition
The final step involved in creating a new branding theme is to link it to your PI account.
There are two kinds of invoices PI generates automatically in Xero utilising the Branding Themes in this article.
- Invoices where PI payments are active.
- Invoices where payment is being collected manually.
To set these branding themes in PI, you will need to first sync both PI and Xero manually to get the new branding theme to appear.
Head to your Apps → Xero screen and press the Sync button.
Wait a minute and then refresh your browser.
Then, head to Apps → Xero → Accounts and invoice terms.
From there you will find a section where you can set a branding theme for invoice deployment where PI is collecting payment and a branding theme for invoice deployment where you are collecting payment manually.
Select the no line item theme and assign it to whichever one you prefer.
As there are options here for two payment scenarios, you may want to create 2 versions of the “no line item pricing” theme, one for PI payments and one for manual payment collection outside of PI.
For any assistance on the above support article, you can email [email protected] and one of our team members will get back to you shortly!