So you've seen that Practice Ignition supports adding videos in proposals and you want to join in on the fun but you're not sure how to get started?
No worries mate, just follow these steps and you'll be a video pro in no-time.
Step 1 - Find a place to record
Before you hit record, be sure to find a quiet space that is well lit. We need to be able to hear you clearly, so a busy cafe or subway train is not ideal.
A quiet room in your office or home office is perfect 👌
Step 2 - Install Loom
Loom is a video recording tool that helps you get your message across through instantly shareable videos.
With Loom, you can record your camera, microphone, and desktop simultaneously. Your video is then instantly available to share, and you can paste the link for your Loom video into Practice Ignition to automatically add your video 🥳
Install the Chrome plugin an/or download the desktop app >>
Step 3 - Hit record
Don't overthink it, and don't worry about writing a detailed script. Open Loom, hit record, and see what happens.
If you're recording an Introduction video for your proposal, you might want to:
- Thank the client for choosing you
- Let them know what they need to do to view and sign their engagement letter
- Address any frequently asked questions about your services
If you're recording a Next Steps video for your proposal, you might want to tell your client:
- How to book a kick-off call
- What you need from them to get started
- How to contact you if they have any questions
Step 4 - Copy and paste into Practice Ignition
Now that you have your video all you need to do is copy the link from Loom and paste it into the proposal in Practice Ignition.
- Create a new proposal, or edit an existing draft
- Click on the Presentation tab
- Scroll down to the Introduction Video or Next Steps video section
- Click Add Video
- Paste your link from Loom into the URL field
The final step
Well that wasn't too hard, was it. Give yourself a pat on the back, you've now create a beautiful first impression with your new client 🙌
Now, we can attach the video to the proposal. Click here for the detailed instructions!