This step is where we add services to your proposal!
This article will give you an overview of how to fill in this section and link you to more specific articles for further information on different components of the services step.
Before adding services, you will want to ask yourself these three questions:
- What services will we need to provide? These will be what you select from your Service Library
- When should we bill for these services? We will want to create Billing Rules that reflect these e.g., recurring monthly, one time on acceptance etc
- How should we price our services? We will want to select Price Types that match these - e.g., priced as a fixed fee or a variable fee etc
Once you have a good idea of the answers to these questions - you can start to fill in the services section!
Adding services to a proposal
When filling in this section, have a think through each type of billing you will need to add to your proposal.
- Do I want to charge one time, on acceptance of the proposal?
- Are there services you will charge for every month? Every quarter? ...etc.
Decide on the first service that you'd like to add to your proposal and whether it will be a Recurring bill or a One Time bill.
Then, follow the steps below.
- Create a new Service Group using the shortcuts and customize the Billing Rules to your preference.
A Service Group is a group of multiple services that all follow the same billing rule (one time, recurring...etc). You can add as many service groups as you like!
If you can't see the specific shortcut you need, click on the shortcut that most closely matches the way you would like to bill. You can edit the Billing Rule after.
- Add all Services that will be billed in this way to the Service Group.
Remember, all services in a Service Group follow the same Billing Rule.
- Select and confirm the Price Type and Price for each service.
Note: By default, services will be added as a fixed Price Type - select another Price Type if you will be using a Variable price.
- Repeat Step 1-3 until you have completed adding all of the services you will provide for that client
There are a few other elements you can optionally use in the services screen:
- Optionally use Projects to break up your Service Groups under headings to clarify different areas or Phases of work for clients - e.g., initial set-up work vs ongoing work.
- Optionally use Manual Billing Mode (only for Fixed Price Type services) to instruct the system to not automatically raise an invoice when the Billing Rule condition is met for that service.
The billing item will be housed in the Billed Manually section instead of the Billed Automatically section in the client's Billing Schedule.
If you'd like to customize your proposal even further, lets take a look at two different concepts:
Alternatively, if you would only need to send a simple proposal to your client, continue on to the Payment Settings step.