What are changes?
Xero is upgrading its authentication requirements for third party apps to access XPM. This means you’ll need to authorise third party access within XPM and re-connect XPM in Practice Ignition by 30 October 2020 to maintain your connection.
Who is impacted?
Practice Ignition subscribers who have connected their account to XPM will need to take action and re-authorise the XPM connection.
When do I need to re-authorise the connection?
If you have connected Practice Ignition to XPM, you will need to authorise third party app access within XPM and re-connect XPM in Practice Ignition by 30 October 2020.
After this date, Practice Ignition and XPM will be disconnected. This means Practice Ignition will no longer be able to automatically create jobs or sync client information.
You can follow the simple steps below to re-authorise the connection.
What actions do I need to take?
Step 1 - In XPM, authorise 3rd party applications
- As an XPM administrator, log into XPM and go to the user list
(Business → Settings → Staff)
- Then, select an account administrator profile.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the user profile and tick the checkbox next to Authorise 3rd Party Full Access and click Save once done.
Step 2: Reauthorise XPM in your Practice Ignition account
- As a Practice Ignition administrator, log into Practice Ignition and click on Apps → XPM tile.
- Click Reconnect your account. A pop-up will appear for you to re-authorise with your Xero credentials.
Why do I see this screen below when re-connecting XPM in PI?
You will see this screen if you have not enabled third party access in your XPM account. Follow step one above and then try again to re-connect XPM in PI (Step 2 above).
What if the 'authorise 3rd party access' box is already ticked in XPM?
Check if someone hasn’t recently enabled this for you (any XPM account admin can do this). If you try to re-connect to XPM in Practice Ignition and see the above, try to untick and tick again in XPM.
What if I see a different error to the above when trying to re-connect XPM in PI?
Xero may show other errors when trying to connect in Practice Ignition. This unfortunately cannot be controlled by Practice Ignition and you will need to follow the steps indicated by Xero in the error message.
Some examples of other errors you may receive:
- You haven't accessed Xero before from your current location and need to confirm your access with Xero
- You don't have administrator access to XPM and need an administrator to complete the action
- You have more than the allowed number of apps connected to XPM
Please take a screenshot of the error and follow the error message instructions. If you continue to have problems, you may need to contact Xero support.