Please note: Xero have made some changes that impact how Practice Ignition connects to XPM. Click this article to learn more.
Practice Ignition can be connected with Xero Practice Manager to import your client database, automatically create new jobs and push across updated client information.
The steps to connect both apps have changed recently, so please read this article carefully if you wish to proceed with the connection.
Steps to connect to Xero Practice Manager
Step 1 - In XPM, authorise 3rd party applications
- As an XPM administrator, log into XPM and go to the user list
(Business → Settings → Staff)
- Then, select an account administrator profile.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the user profile and tick the checkbox next to Authorise 3rd Party Full Access and click Save once done.
Step 2: Authorise XPM in your Practice Ignition account
- As a Practice Ignition administrator, log into Practice Ignition and click on Apps → XPM tile.
- In the slider that appears, click Connect your account
- Then, click Allow access
Sync and Re-link
Practice Ignition performs a daily sync for active accounts where someone has signed in, in the past 24 hours.
This pushes data from Xero Practice Manager into Practice Ignition. However if you make a change to the client/job data in Xero Practice Manager that you want to sync to Practice Ignition right away, you can press the Sync button to push through an instant sync.
Please note that the sync can take some time to complete depending on the amount of data you have in Xero Practice Manager.
If you don't need to connect to Xero Practice Manager right now or have already done so, you are ready to turn on your Payments.
Why do I see this screen below when re-connecting XPM in PI?
You will see this screen if you have not enabled third party access in your XPM account. Follow step one above and then try again to re-connect XPM in PI (Step 2 above).
What if the 'authorise 3rd party access' box is already ticked in XPM?
Check if someone hasn’t recently enabled this for you (any XPM account admin can do this). If you try to re-connect to XPM in Practice Ignition and see the above, try to untick and tick again in XPM.
What if I see a different error to the above when trying to re-connect XPM in PI?
Xero may show other errors when trying to connect in Practice Ignition. This unfortunately cannot be controlled by Practice Ignition and you will need to follow the steps indicated by Xero in the error message.
Some examples of other errors you may receive:
- You haven't accessed Xero before from your current location and need to confirm your access with Xero
- You don't have administrator access to XPM and need an administrator to complete the action
- You have more than the allowed number of apps connected to XPM
Please take a screenshot of the error and follow the error message instructions. If you continue to have problems, you may need to contact Xero support.