There's a couple of ways to add your services into Practice Ignition:
- You can add your services one by one directly inside Practice Ignition.
- If you prefer to upload your services in bulk, you can use our Service Import Template to bring the data in. This article will help you achieve this.
Import your service via CSV
- Head to Library > Services on the left hand side menu and click on Import.
2. This will bring out a slider from the right hand side. From here, click Service Import Template to download a CSV file of the import template.
3. Open the CSV file using a spreadsheet editor of your choice.
4. The top row contains the CSV's headers which tells you what details should be entered in each column. The second line contains sample service information for your reference. You can delete this row once you've entered your service details.
5. Fill out the the following fields: Service Name, Description, Billing Type, Price, Estimate Type, Hourly Rate, Min Price, Max Price, Weekly Price, and Terms as necessary.
Currently, here are the supported billing types when importing services in bulk: upfront, on_completion, recurring, estimate, and included
Don't forget to set the Estimate Type (range or hourly) if you'll use the estimates billing type.
6. Leave the Service ID (#ID) field blank. Once you upload your services, they'll be assigned an ID. This is useful for bulk editing services using the export function down the track.
7. Once you're done filling out the CSV, save the file and drag it to the import window.
8. The importer will let you know how many services will be imported from the CSV. The importer will also show if there are any errors found in your CSV. If all's good to go, click on Import Services.
Need to edit, remove, or duplicate imported services? Here's a link for some essential functions in-app that will help you manage your services.